Test yourself to help improve reading of music in a fun way!!!
Name That Note is a note spelling quiz for all ages. Whether you’re a novice at reading music or a virtuoso this app offers a challenge at any level.
Similarly to how we learn to recognise the individual letters of the alphabet, Name That Note can help you learn the note names on a staff (stave).
Select from treble, bass or both clefs.
There are three levels difficulty:-
1. Beginner Level – Answer 10 questions with 6 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 1 ledger line above and below the staff. There are no accidentals or key signatures.
2. Intermediate Level – Answer 20 questions with 3 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 2 ledger lines above and below the staff. Accidentals are introduced but without key signatures.
3. Advanced Level – Answer 30 questions with 2 seconds allowed per question. Note positions can extend as far as 4 ledger spaces either side of the staff. Key signatures are introduced to really test your note reading skills!
Fluent note reading requires a certain amount of memorising positions on a staff, recognising accidentals and knowing key signatures.
Name That Note uses a ‘flash card style’ way of displaying the question along with four answers, one correct and three incorrect, to choose from.
Just like a multiple choice question only one answer is the correct one.
After an answer is selected, or the time limit for that question runs out, the correct answer is displayed briefly before going to the next question.
Once there are no more questions a total score is given.
What’s New in Version 1.3
• Optimised for devices with 4-Inch retina displays.
• Improved graphics for the clefs displayed in each question.